Hello Tenants and Guarantors of Zukin Apartments:
Zukin Realty would like to thank you for your tenancy over the past year and also to provide you with important information regarding your move out.
Please be FULLY VACATED from your apartment by 11:00 AM on the last day of your lease. You will be charged additional fees if you are not moved out by 11:00 AM on the date indicated on your lease.
Your security deposit is not applied as your last month’s rent.
Below you will find the apartment evacuation checklist. This form details all of the necessary steps you must take in order to ensure your security deposit is fully returned. For further details regarding cleaning and move out, please refer to page 9 section 19 of your lease, titled, “procedure to vacate.”
Wall holes must be patched and painted over. You may obtain paint and spackle for free by stopping into the Zukin Realty office.
You will receive an email from our office about 2 weeks prior to move out to schedule your final walk through.
PECO must be left on for the final walk through.
Please remember to properly dispose of all trash. You will be charged for all trash and bulk items that are left in the apartment at the end of your lease. Should you need bulk trash removal, please contact one of the companies listed on the attached form, “bulk trash removal options.” If you do plan to use a bulk trash removal service, please inform the office so we do not charge you for having bulk items outside of your apartment.
Security deposits are returned to the spokesperson of the lease within 30 days of lease end date.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
APARTMENT EVACUATION CHECKLIST
To ensure that you receive your security deposit in full, please be sure that you do the following (as stated in your lease agreement):
1. Wall Repair: Patch and paint any damaged areas on walls – including nail holes. Contact the office for a free container of spackle and touch up paint for your apartment.
2. Keys: Have ALL apartment and mailbox keys along with a forwarding address, ready to give to the person in charge of your final walk-through. If you aren’t present during the final walk-thru, all keys and forwarding address must be left on a kitchen counter. If you have bedroom keys, please leave them in the door upon leaving!
3. Trash: Properly dispose of ALL trash. If trash is found in your apartment, or outside the building you will be charged $55.00 per large bulk item, $30.00 per smaller bulk item and $20.00 for each small bag of trash. Contact our office for additional bulk trash disposal options as there is the potential for additional disposal fees.
4. Cleaning: Your apartment should be completely clean and in move-in condition, ready for the next tenants. Should you fail to do so, there will be a one hour minimum Service Company cleaning fee of $100.00, plus $35.00 for each additional hour required.
5. Utilities: Call PECO (or other utility services) to have them disconnected the day following the termination date of your lease. All utilities must be on during the time of your final walk through.
6. Carpet: As stated in section 17.G of your lease, tenants are required to have all carpets in your apartment professionally cleaned at the end of your lease and provide a receipt.
Please refer to the “Procedure to Vacate” section of your lease for specifics on moving out charges that can be applied and deducted from your security deposit check.
If you have any questions, check your lease and call your rental agent.
Additional Things to Remember
o Wipe all surfaces
o Wipe inside and outsides of cabinets
o Thoroughly clean inside and outside of fridge and freezer
o Wipe and clean inside and outside of Stove/Oven/Microwave
o Wipe and clean out sink
o Wipe and clean all shelves
o Wipe and clean sink
o Clean toilet
o Wipe and clean shower (walls and bathtub)
o Wipe vanity cabinet and mirror
o Mop and clean all hard floors (Tile, Wood, Laminate, Stone)
o Vacuum and shampoo all carpeted areas
o Wipe all Baseboards
o Dust ceilings, lights, and fans
o Wipe and clean windows and window sills
o Repair any wall damage (see previous page)