So it’s time to move on…or better yet, move out of your apartment. Preparing to move, and packing your belongings can be stressful, and we understand this. To make the move smoother for you before your apartment rental lease is up, we have created this handy checklist. Complete this apartment moving out checklist in order to ensure the return of your full security deposit.
Please call the Office at 610-696-0953 to schedule a date for your final walk-through appointment. You MUST have this scheduled and have your apartment completely cleaned and all belongings moved out by 11:00am on the last day of your lease.
To ensure that you receive your security deposit in full, please be sure that you do the following (as stated in your lease agreement):
- Wall Repair: Patch and paint any damaged areas on walls – including nail holes. Contact the office for a free container of spackle and touch up paint for your apartment.
- Keys: Have ALL apartment and mailbox keys along with a forwarding address, ready to give to the person in charge of your final walk-through. If you aren’t present during the final walk-thru, all keys and forwarding address must be left on a kitchen counter.
- Trash: Properly dispose of ALL trash. If trash is found in your apartment, or outside the building you will be charged $75.00 per large bulk item, $30.00 per smaller bulk item and $20.00 for each small bag of trash. Contact our office for additional bulk trash disposal options as there is the potential for additional disposal fees.
- Cleaning: Your apartment should be completely clean and in move-in condition, ready for the next tenants. Should you fail to do so, there will be a one hour minimum Service Company cleaning fee of $100.00, plus $35.00 for each additional hour required.
- Utilities: Call PECO (or other utility services) to have them disconnected the day following the termination date of your lease. All utilities must be on during the time of your final walk through.
- Carpet: Tenants are required to have all carpets in your apartment professionally cleaned at the end of your lease and provide a receipt.
Please refer to the “Procedure to Vacate” section of your lease for specifics on moving out charges that can be applied and deducted from your security deposit check.
If you have any questions, check your lease and call your rental agent.